- 1 Ethernet Port
- 16 x 3-pin spring loaded terminals (no phoenix connectors or screw down terminals)
- 16 x automatically resettable fuses (no replacing blown fuses)
- Supported protocols: DDP, E1.31, ArtNet
- Outputs the most common 3-wire WS281X pixel protocol.
- 2 independent power input banks, with reverse polarity protection. (5V-12V)
- 2 x RJ45 ports for long range receivers
- 2 x RJ45 ports for DMX output
- Configuration can be done via your smartphone, tablet or PC over a wifi or wired connection
- Per port current monitoring (RTCM: Real time current Monitoring)
- Per port pixel counting
- Automatic fault detection can find burnt out pixels, before you can*
- Repair mode highlights where you need to splice to remove failed pixels*
- SD card slot for log storage, and standalone operation*
- Simple & fast over-the-air updates; with ability to easily roll back to previous firmware versions
- Rich JSON API
- Built-in test mode animations
- Seamlessly control up to ~10,000 pixels using E1.31/ArtNet, or ~20,000 pixels using DDP.
- No banks or groups. Pixels can be distributed however you'd like on any outputs, with any number of pixels assigned to each port.
Mounting plates available from Wired Watts
* via future firmware update, expected 2023.
For a demonstration of the firmware update process, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJCJddnTn1U
Master Genius Firmware List
I use xLights and I can't imagine setup being any easier than what this was. Love the power monitoring feature. Thank you!!!
I am really liking this controller. The controller is super easy to set up. It's probably the easiest controller to set up that I have used. I'm still trying to get used to the spring connectors but after installing 16 pigtails, I started to get faster at it. Once they are seated into the connector, I don't think there will be any issue with them coming out. I also had some older differential receivers and plugged them into into the rj45 ports and they worked with no issues at all. I like the current monitoring and pixel counting this controller can do. There is a ton of built in test patterns which comes in handy. I will see how things hold up throughout the upcoming season but so far I give this controller an A+
If you want a simple and easy to use controller this is for you! This powerful controller is simple to use for the newbies in the hobby, but advanced enough for the power users. It offers some new features only available on the Experience Lights line of controllers such as the test mode based off WLED, If you are using a Genius Receiver it will auto configure it's place in line, no more messing with dip switches! I have a few of these, and will be adding more in the future!
Packaging is great. shipping speed is great. Customer service is great. I have no doubt once I build this out it will be easy to use. My only gripe is one of power terminals was soldered on so crooked. Visually looks awful might exchange it for another one.
I was looking to add an additional controller to expand my show. I had used the F48 for the last few years, so I decided to give the Genius controller a try. I also purchased two of the 4 Output Long Range Pixel Genius Receivers. Boy am I pleased, it all arrived today and I assembled them into the enclosure that I'd prepared for them. First off, super, super easy to set up, I also updated the FW on the Pixel controller, that went super smooth too. The web interface is intuitive and easy to use, the pixel counter is awesome and stops you from having to second guess how many pixels you have added to a port. There's also real time current monitoring on the first 16 ports which is great. The new connectors took a few mins to get used to, but once I'd added 6-7 pig tails, it was plain sailing, the connectors hold the pigtail wires nice and firm. It also includes a Wifi module on the board, so you can set up the board via your smart phone. Integration with xlights is already supported and super simple to visualize and drag and drop the props on to the ports. Then I tried the differential pixel receivers. Wow, so, so much easier to add them in chains of up to 6 in each chain of two, no setting of dip switches or having to terminate the last receiver in the chain. That itself is fantastic. Overall, both the pixel controller and receivers exceeded my expectations, really nice quality and they really are plug and play. I have zero issues. Oh and thanks for the sample xlights set up and demo file that's part of the web interface. That will really help beginners to get "blinky, blinky, flash" super fast. Great product, I highly recommend!
All I can say is holy cow this thing is so easy to use. I have a Falcon f-16 and and expansion board. That took me 3 days to setup, and 2 days to reconfigure when I lost the data by accident. Today I plugged this all in and it's so smart (Genius) it took all the hard work out of setting up my lights. I'll be investing in all Genius gear now!